Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ireland Fall 2014

I want to go to Ireland in the Fall. To get there I need 50k Chase UR points for two tickets and I have 36k. What will I do to get these other 14k? Well I can get 7500 if I max out the Freedom category bonus with $1500 at gas stations in Q1. That means I need to put $3250 in travel and dining on my Sapphire in Q1 as well or worry about Freedom category bonuses in Q2 and possibly not get the tickets I want (BOS-DUB on Aer Lingus). Time to make sure every possible dining dollar is going on my Sapphire again.

Btw if you want to do this trip, just search for availability on the United website, and then use Avios points (a Chase UR partner) to get the flight. This 25k round trip to Europe is one of the cheapest ways to get to Europe I know of. There is an Iberia promotion that seemed to rival it temporarily, but this route is always 25k RT with Avios.
You can see here we just barely make it under the 3000 mile limit: http://www.airmilescalculator.com/distance/dub-to-bos/

No comments:

Post a Comment